Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Moroccan chicken stew with sweet potatoes FINALLY!

So I have to admit I was a little disappointed with this recipe as I know its been used several times in some of the chic chef houses so I was hoping to add a new recipe to our revolving usuals. But that said it may be totally my fault I used chicken breasts since I had a ton on hand instead of thighs and I didn't use saffron and I know that can make a big difference as well. I thought it was kind of interesting that you bread and fry up the chicken and then boil it which made the nice crisp skin turn mushy......

I'm curious for some feed back, right now I don't really feel like trying it again as the flavor really was pretty flat but I know my changes could ave been the cause as well. The idea of the recipe seems really yummy to me, so I have thought of putting my own twist on it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The only suggestion I can make is try it again and maybe add more of the flavorful ingredients. Both times I made it we really liked it, one of the time I did add more flavor.
Both times I used chicken breast and didn't bread and fry it. I used already cooked chicken from cooking ahead. So just shredded or cubed it and added it at the correct time.
I love this stew, it's a household recipe now. Good Luck!