Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Loved It!



Alyssa and I made the Torta together last night...delicious! We did not use as much butter as it calls for, we didn't dot the top, and the next time I will still cut down even more. I didn't see a problem because of it so, why not? We used almost 2 lbs of spinach and next time I might even try adding more, just to pack in the goodness! Even though it is clear that there are only three eggs in this I was expecting it to be more like a quiche for some reason but I am so glad it wasn't! I really liked that the bulk of the torta was the rice and spinach. Great flavor! Yes, yes, yes!!

3 comments:

carrie said...

So glad you liked it, the "goodness" of all that spinach is what I love about it as well. It actually calls for 4 eggs though :) But even with that it remains a rice dish

Unknown said...

Hey Eva, we used 4 eggs (obviously I did that part!).

stacita said...

Beautiful pictures