Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catch up--not to be confused with ketchup

I have realized that I never made a review for Tish's shrimp, I already knew I was late for Nikki's meatloaf, and I have one for Alyssa's kabab. Soooo...

When I made the shrimp the first time I didn't bbq it. I also was at home alone with Anders and he was not having a good night. I really didn't like it at all and I was so disappointed because it sounded so good. A week or so later I went to Rachel's and we made it one night for dinner. It was SO good. I don't know if I did something wrong the first time or if the bbq made that big of a difference. (I think that also my stress level played a part in it. I actually relaxed the second time) I really do think that bbq makes a huge difference, though. I loved the mix of flavors and next time I might make it spicier.

The meatloaf was a good base recipe, I thought. To be honest I needed a little more pizazz! I added some Colby jack cheese and that was ok but next time I make it I think I am going to dress it up a bit with Gruyere, breadcrumbs and scallions or something like that. I really love meatloaf though so this was a great idea Nikki. Especially starting out the cooler season. It gets me in the mood for comfort food.

Jooieh Kabab- Very satisfying meal. Mark and I both really enjoyed it. What I liked most about it was that it had simple flavors. We tend to try to make things bigger and better all the time trying to create something fresh and new. This was classic food and there is a reason that classics are classic. Even though it was simple I did feel like it had an Iranian feel to it. (not that I really know that much about Iran and their food, but it did.) I really can't wait to make this again. Oh, by the way, I LOVE butter and this meal had A LOT of butter in it so that must be why I loved it so much. The rice was delicious! I wish that I could make rice like this every time but I better not!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I feel the same way about the rice! :)