Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh My Yummmminess!

We had Alyssa's Jooieh Kabobs last night and they were ggooooddd! I love the oniony, buttery, lemony mixture. I chopped the onions up real fine with my chopper so some of them stuck to the chicken even after I put them on the skewers. Once they were grilled they added a nice little crunch every once in a while.
I was expecting the rice to be flavored more buttery but in the end, I am glad it wasn't. What a great new twist on chicken and rice! Seriously, it is already on my menu for next week! Andy and the kids really liked it also. Abigail had seconds of chicken and thirds of rice, AJ had seconds of both! Also, it was really good all mixed up today for lunch! This is a certain repeat! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a review! I am so glad you all liked it and think it's a good candidate for regular family meals. Great!

Unknown said...

Just edited the recipe to say what to do with the onion (i.e. grate or chop). Sorry! You did the right thing, though. Good work!