Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, September 1, 2008

New Recipe Pick: My Moms Meatloaf

I'm picking meatloaf because I love my moms and I have never made it on my own before, so what better time then with you ladies. I know it is not much of a summer pick but it is 60 some degrees out and I don't feel very summery right now! The other thing is I got the recipe from my mom and she does not measure anything so here it goes!


What you will need ! (in my moms own word!)

Hamburger meat- a pound or so
2 Eggs
1 onion (add to your liking)
Garlic salt (to your liking)
Pepper (thanks Mom)
Ketchup (about 1/2cup but maybe a little more)
Hand full of oatmeal

Add all together in a bowl and mix well. You might need to add more ketchup and oatmeal to make it stay together better. Make into a loaf and place it on a broiling pan and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes or so. We serve this with either a green or Cesar salad and a bake potato.

I hope you ladies enjoy this as much as i do! Happy meatloaf making!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I love the "measurements" that is so my Baba as well. Yum I love meatloaf and the recipe we usually use actually is not with oatmeal so this will be fun to try something new!

Eva said...

Meatloaf, the ultimate comfort food!