Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Meatloaf . . . who knew?

I have NEVER made meatloaf before . . . can you believe it? Thank you, Nikki, you'll go down in history as the person who got me to try it for the first time. I made it early in the evening and my husband had finished the whole thing by the time the night was over. Don't worry, I got a slice of it, too.
I was impressed with how fast I was able to put it together. I think I had it all together and in the oven in five minutes. That makes it a winner right there!
I can't get garlic salt here, so I used garlic and salt. Mine turned out crumbley but I liked it that way. I think I've always steered away from meatloaf because it seemed like a thick, dense loaf of mystery meat. But having put it together myself so that I knew what was in it, and given the texture of it, I enjoyed it.
Who knew I could make meatloaf (and enjoy it, AND get my husband to not only eat it but enjoy it as well)?!
It disappeared before I even remembered to take a picture of it. Oh well.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

LOL! I am cracking up!!! Tell Adam 'you are what you eat'!