Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Now we're cooking!

Now that I am back in my own place and using my own kitchen stuff again I am cooking up a storm! I have made fresh bread daily for the past 5 days and am certain it will be the undoing of my weight loss! I was so excited to make my first dinner in our place that I took pictures to sahre with you ladies! I made homemade pasta with a zucchini, tomato and mint sauce! It was delicious!


Trying to find a place to dry pasta in a tiny kitchen was a bit challenging, but a little improv and we were in business! and yes, you are suppossed to ignore the dirty dish in the sink!

6 comments:

stacita said...

Wow! 5 days of fresh bread! I love the pictures. One time I hung pasta from the tops of my cupboards and later Noah and I heard noises in the kitchen. We went in and as it was drying it was breaking and falling over the kitchen!

carrie said...

I'm impressed with the fact both of you have made home made pasta!

Eva said...

Yeah no kidding?! I have wanted to make pasta and never have. I think you two have offically inspired me!

stacita said...

One time I made homemade pasta and homemade pesto together. It was so good that Brant woke up sick in the night because he'd eaten too much! All that to say it really is sooo delicious. :)

Cahill Clan said...

And, It is really pretty easy! The recipe I use is just flour and egg, I think it's 2 1/2 c flour that you pile onto a work surface and make a whole in the middle, then add 3 eggs and using a fork beat them in the center and slowly pull the flour in until it is a dough. Totally fun, easy and way worth it! If anyone wants I can get a better recipe posted!

Rachel said...

I am so happy for you Staci! I know what it's like to be in limbo. Congrats and welcome home!
(Is it me or is your second picture off some how?)