Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Allow Me to Introduce Myself . . .


Hi girls! I am Rachel and Eva’s sister. I really enjoy cooking (most of the time), and I’m looking forward to trying out the recipes. I think I’ll be a little late trying out the tofu curry. But I am going to try it. Maybe tonight . . .

I am trying to think of the “regulars” that we have at my house . . . Two problems: (1) My husband travels so I cook differently when he is home. (2) I always like to make new things so I don’t make a lot of things over again (or I go on kicks of some type of food and then after a few weeks it’s never to been seen again).
I live near Italy and the food products that are easiest to get here are Italian so that is the style I cook most often. I cook Thai a lot and some Middle Eastern/Greek stuff, as well.

This is some fresh tuna we bought at the fish market recently (just to make my post a little nicer to look at). The fish market is set up right in the bay where are all the little fishing boats moor. We bought it from a woman who's husband had just brought them in . . . less than an hour before. Yum. It was so good!

I think this is a great idea, and I’m so glad to be a part of it. Thanks!

P.S. For all those girls who have port left over . . . it pairs well with chocolate. Mmm . . . Have a little after dinner tonight.

3 comments:

stacita said...

Welcome! Your picture is beautiful and I'm really jealous of your fish market. :)

carrie said...

I'm really jealous of your location!!

Rachel said...

MY WORD ALYSSA!!! I couldn't tell if that pic was professional or in your kitchen... and now I know! WOW! You never really said where you live... Ladies she lives in Malta.