Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, June 2, 2008

My first experience with Tenderloin


So I'll start out with what I did different.......
I totally forgot to buy the port wine so in the middle of getting things cooking I realized I didn't have it and instead used a Merlot. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of onions so I think I halved the amount of onions, so instead of Blueberry Onion sauce it was more like Blueberry Tomato sauce (Yum!). The orzo I used was some that we got from the farmer's market and was lemon flavored so I didn't use chicken broth knowing the lemon would have enough flavor on its own, I added zucchini and peppers to it. It all looked so pretty when we plated it and we were excited to dig in.
The pork and sauce were a hit with Jonathan and I, the girls not so much but they are really picky about meat. Sadly the orzo didn't work well with the main dish the way I made it, the competing flavors (the lemon vs the blueberries) were too strong and though it sounds like they would go well the didn't. But we will definitely make the tenderloin again and will try the orzo this time exactly how Rachel instructed. :)

Recipe = Thumbs up!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice pic! How'd you make your sauce not runny?

carrie said...

Hmmm...don't know...did you use fresh blueberries...less water?...would a regular Merlot evaporate more then the port?....can't think of anything else

Cahill Clan said...

my guess... did you get side tracked with the girls and allow the wine and tomatoes to reduce a bit?