Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

i played catch up today..

Well girls... i invited my mom and her husband over for dinner along w/my friend becky and my aunte janet who I live with and i made a huge meal. I figured i needed to play catch up since it's been crazy lately so yesterday becky and I went to the Westside Market in cleveland.. it is a really cool market down town w/amazing produce and meats all kinds of stuff. So last night my friends becky and jen and I had gyros and a wonderful salad all fresh from the market. Today I made the tofu curry...kudos stacy.. we all loved it. I served it over brown rice. I cut my tofu in to small bit size pieces and added onion and satued in coconut oil since i didn't have any peanut oil. I took your suggestion and doubled my sauce cause of the rice. Yummy Yummy Yummy... can't wait to have left overs for lunch tomorrow. Eva I thought your reciepe was the cola ribs so I got beef ribs yesterday as my mom and her husband can't eat pork. I misread the reciepe the second time around and didn't catch the 8-9 hrs in the crock. So since i started them after church today and mom was comming at 2..haha i boiled the beef ribs for about 1 hr. put my sauce together.. I altered it a bit.. i used a whole bottle of jacke daniels honey hickory bbq sauce 1/2 c brn sugar some coarse kosher salt, a few drops of liquid smoke a can of reg coke and a can of cherry coke.. i liked the little bit of added cherry.. i thinkened my sauce a little on the stovetop in a sauce pan w/your typical flour & milk thickening agent. Once my ribs had boiled for an hr i put them in a baking dish and covered completely w/the bbq sauce mix and baked on 350 for another 1hr this the sauce was nice and thick and gooey. Wow.. they were to die for. My aunte has a rib cookout for the family every year in august and today i just got ellected to make the bbq sauce... lol. So we'll makeing some of that ahead of time and putting it in jars for the party. With dinner I also got some home made roasted red pepper pasta from the market from a company called ohio city pasta and tossed with it some fresh herbs of sweet basil, lime basil, thyme, coarse kosher salt a lil garlic powder and some wonderful basil/garlic olive oil I got from this great oil and vinager place here in ohio called.. "the olive tap". I did some asparagus w/home made holindaise sauce and mom and bob brought over fresh homemade bread still piping hot and we dipped it in a mix of porchini mushroom oil & fig balsmic vinager w/fresh herbs. We toped it all off with a nice glass of wine. A wonderful sunday meal that wore me out.. LOL Thanks for the wonderful recipes girls.

3 comments:

stacita said...

Wow, Serena! You deserve a cocktail and a nap!

carrie said...

I agree with Stace, no taking it easy Sunday for you...but it all sounds delicious! Can't wait to try the rib recipe.

Eva said...

Next time I make the ribs I am totally using cherry coke!