Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Tofu Curry - YUMM YUMM!

I made the tofu curry last night and it was a hit all around the table! I also tried out edamame for the first time and again - three cheers around the table! I used fish sauce instead of soy sauce as Alyssa had suggested. But otherwise stuck to the recipe exactly. However, I felt like there was a little too much lime so next time I'll not put quite as much. I also had neglected to get rice at the store but thankfully had couscous and that was fine. I really like rice though so next time I will have rice for sure! I felt like the tofu was a bit chewy and I wonder if I fried it a bit too long...? Any input from anyone? Andy loved it and I was very pleased when he said he wanted me to make it again. So for those of you who didn't give your hubby's a chance to like it, you should try. We used A LOT more cilantro and peanuts than the recipe called for. By the way, I did double the sauce and it's a good thing I did because even at that we ate every drop! So any suggestions about what to do with the few ounces of coconut milk I have left over? Stacy, this was a hit at my house and I will definitely be making the edamame and tofu curry again! THREE THUMBS UP!

2 comments:

stacita said...

I usually just use my whole can of coconut milk and adjust accordingly. It makes a ton of sauce and doesn't glaze as well, but I was sick of little forgotten baggies of coconut milk in my freezer. If you're cooking rice with the tofu though, you can just use your leftover coconut milk in place of part of the water.

carrie said...

We use coconut milk when we make peanut chicken....which though it seems like it may be in the same food family tastes totally different to the thai curry