Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gourmet in the Trenches!

I finally got a chance to make the tenderloin, but it took some commitment! I had company all weekend and they wanted take-out (totally fine with me!). So, last night was my chance and, darn-it, I was going to make it happen. I went for a run, so I was sweaty and in my running clothes, but Brant had to leave soon so I didn't have time to get cleaned up. Noah's Tae Kwon Do uniform (he had Tae Kwon Do in 1/2 hour) was in the dryer in another building of our apartment complex so I was running back and forth checking it in my running clothes and apron. At the last minute, Brant invited his friend Joel for dinner, so the pressure was on! In the midst of the chaos, I managed to make it and it was beautiful. I didn't make the orzo as I had forgotten to buy a few ingredients so I paired it with roastie potatoes and sauteed green beans. I also used wine instead of port because I had a quarter of a bottle on my fridge waiting for such an occasion. In my hurry I didn't cook the onion long enough, but other than that, it was great. The kids loved it too. Thanks, Rachel!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I love the running clothes & apron look.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you worked off the calories before you ate them!