Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Port Anyone??


Wwweeellll... I don't really know what to say. I submitted this recipe because it was one I have made for my family about three times before. We loved it this time as much as the first few. I LOVE the caramelized onions, in fact I usually make a bit more than the recipe calls for. I love the broth of the sauce also. Andy bought the smallest bottle of port he could find but it still was way more than 1/4 cup. We tried to sip it with dinner but port is just not intended for that. Too sweet, too thick for my taste. So now I am left with a bottle of port and only two weeks left in Miss. What shall I do with the port? Oh, I almost forgot, for some reason that I don't remember right now, I didn't use tenderloin this time - I used pork chops. Andy said he liked it just as well but I didn't. I love tenderloin and to me there is no comparison. I have been wanting to tell a little secret about this recipe and am proud of myself for keeping it until now... This recipe is from Weight Watchers! So any of you ladies interested in the WW info on it, let me know. That is how I discovered this recipe and have made it whether I was watching what I was eating or not.

Now, for the orzo. This also is a recipe that my family has enjoyed for a few years. However, due to my current make-shift-life I didn't use orzo, I used rice. It was good but DEFINITELY not the same. I added broccoli and green beans to ours (Abigail is on a green bean kick). All in all, it was a good meal. I can't wait to try out everyone else's chosen recipes!

1 comment:

carrie said...

I love that this was Weight Watchers....though I'm guessing I ate more then my portion share....