Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Loved It!

I have a feeling my husband is going to be the #1 fan of Chic Chefs...on a budget. Why, you ask? Because I think after six years of marraige to me he just might be a little tired of my creative genius in the kitchen. In other words, it's going to be nice to try things from other gals's kitchens once in a while!

Ok! The pork tenderloin with blueberries and onions recipe was a hit! I have never really made pork tenderloin very much before and always passed it by in the meat section. NOT ANYMORE! It was a pretty easy recipe and very yummy! I stuck to the original recipe, except I used butter instead of margerine (not going to make much of a difference I guess) I got the port at Safeway for pretty inexpensive, it was $5.49 so that was good except I think we are going to have to try some more recipes that call for port because now I have a huge bottle! Too bad all the Chic Chefs couldn't share one bottle for this recipe! By the way if you go to allrecipes.com you can put in an ingredient and it will give you recipes that call for that ingredient, kinda helpful. We also liked the orzo dish and I thought that it was great because you could really go crazy with this and make it into a lot of different things including a main dish by adding chicken, beef, shrimp etc. I just added peas and zucchini but here is my suggestion: sautee the vegi's and set them aside, when orzo is done cooking add them. Mine got kind of mushy eeewww! I guess it depends on what vegi's you use.

I am having fun with this! I can't wait for the next recipe!

2 comments:

carrie said...

Thanks for the web site rec!

Rachel said...

SO glad to help banish the mediocrity in your kitchen!!!