Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Could I just swim in this sauce please?

Chicken Marsala update: Absolutely delicious. The sauce was amazing. I would only do one thing differently next time (and I will definately make it again). I have a penne a la vodka recipe in which you undercook the pasta just a bit and then mix it in with the sauce to finish cooking it. The pasta really soaks up the sauce this way. I know that this isn't traditional for chicken marsala at all, but I had a hard time getting the sauce to cling to the pasta so we were scooping it off our plates with spoons in order not to waste any deliciousness! We obviously didn't have company. :) It is possible that I just didn't thicken the sauce enough or I was using the wrong kind of pasta. Other than that, it was amazing. Noah kept saying things like, "Mom, you make the best noodles!" and, "Mom you are the best cook!" Thanks, Eva. This is such a keeper.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I know!!! I actually haven't made this recipe yet but once Carrie and I went to an Italian restaraunt in Eugene, OR and ordered chicken marsala and I ended up eating the sauce with a spoon! I figured she would leave me if I licked the plate! :) YUMMMM!

Tisha said...

What a great idea for the pasta! Thank you for the tip!