Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tantalizing Tenderloin

I had invited some friends over for dinner on Saturday night and usually that means I am pouring over cookbooks and browsing recipes on epicurious.com at length to find the perfect main course and side dishes for dinner, but this week - Rachel figured it out for me! I prefaced the dinner by telling everyone about our new cooking club, which they were very interested in. Everyone loved the meal, particularly the pork. One of our dinner guests even left with the recipe in hand so he could try it himself. Like Carrie, I used red wine in place of port, but I still thought the sauce had great flavor. I also rubbed the pork with olive oil, salt and pepper before baking. I had to add quite a bit more broth to the orzo as it wasn't cooking all of the way (I'm a novice at orzo), but it turned out great in the end. Next time I would add a little more lemon and maybe even some lemon zest just to give it some more punch. All in all we loved the meal: it was colorful, tasty and unique. (Can you tell I dream of being a food critic?) Thanks Rachel!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I hear you about the orzo, but now that I've tried it once I can seeing us using it more often as a side dish.

Rachel said...

You sound like a food critic Tisha! Very eloquent! You are brave trying a new recipe out on dinner guests - good job!