Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cookie Monster

I have a tradition of making cookies every time we go camping. So in preparation for last weekend's camping trip, I was on the search for a fun new cookie recipe, and I found a keeper! I have been eating so many of these cookies I am starting to feel like the Cookie Monster. The good news is that they are full of fruit and nuts, so they are not entirely unhealthy. Anyways, I thought I would share the recipe for anyone else who has a sweet tooth. You can find it at http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/CHOCOLATE-CHUNK-COOKIES-WITH-PECANS-DRIED-APRICOTS-AND-TART-CHERRIES-100736.
The only changes I made were adding 1 tsp vanilla and some espresso flavored dark chocolate which gave them a fun edge. Just writing about them is making me want another - ahhh!

2 comments:

carrie said...

These look delish...I think I'll make them for 4th of July since I'm supposed to bring some dessert and that way it will insure they all get ate without me eating too many!

stacita said...

Yum!