Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weekday Fare

Jeremy and I similarly repeat the same meals, tossing in a new one here or there. I most enjoy cooking when I can try a new recipe, but sometimes there isn't the time to find one and shop for ingredients. Our standard fare is:

chicken or ground turkey burritos
tofu stirfry
baked salmon or halibut w/roasted asparagus and potatoes
ravioli tossed in pesto with side salad
entree salad such as ceasar salad with smoked salmon and cold rotini pasta (my fave)
bbq chicken sandwiches with sweet potato fries
yellow curry
shishkebabs (during summer)

We often have the typical Italian/Mexican food dishes, but I try to variate them from week to week so it's not overly repetitive. Of course, sometimes, you just need to eat!

2 comments:

carrie said...

Yum! How do you bake your salmon/halibut and how about those bbq chicken sandwiches and sweet potatoe fries what do you do for those they sound delish!

Tisha said...

Wow, I didn't know we could do this!
Jeremy likes to bake the halibut with butter, garlic, salt and pepper and brie cheese on top or a mayonnaise based topping works good too (it keeps the fish moist). The salmon we often broil or grill with an asian style topping - soy sauce, honey, green onions, garlic, ginger, etc. I love cooking fish 'cause it's so fast, though it is a bit expensive. I'll forward you the recipe I like for sweet potato fries. This is so fun!