Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cahill family meals

Since I have been cooking for myself for about a year my typical week meals go like this......
coffee, and scones
raw veggies, crackers and hummus
coffee and muffins
pasta of some kind- plain with parmesan or spaghetti go over best with Katrina
coffee
frozen pizza
coffee and cake
some kind of soup

I got in a rut of nibbling, not eating or waiting until Kat was asleep to eat and being so tired that nothing was being cooked much.
Although in the days of yore when I actually cooked for a family I did alot of

roast chicken and rice
soups and homemade bread
meat and potatoes
katsu chicken and fried rice
grilled fish/ shrimp
casseroles of all kinds (what can I say you can take the girl out of Minnesota but...)

I tend to try new recipes often especially when I have someone/ anyone to cook for....
Dinner anyone???

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'd love to come to dinner, but alas...
Will you post the recipe for katsu chicken and fried rice, please?